Pin It


Rp-Share-Info

Solution(with VIDEO): Windows 8 and Sun broadband compatibility issues

PROBLEM: THE CONNECTION TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER COULD NOT BE ESTABLISHED

How to fix Sun broadband, the connection to the remote computer could not be established
The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.
How to Fix compatibility issues regarding Windows 8 with Sun broadband internet.













TRIED SOLUTIONS BUT DID NOT WORK:

A. Uninstall and reinstall
B. During installation, stop the installation then troubleshoot and try using the compatibility option as provided here (http://violyntinosoriano.wordpress.com/2013/01/07/fix-sun-broadband-compatibily-to-windows-8-no-device-detected/)
C. Changing Location (Although I'm already in Manila)
D. CALLING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE OR CALLING THE BRANCH ITSELF, DON'T CALL THEM THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
E. MAY OTHERS



SOLUTION:
VIDEO:



These are the steps I have accidentally made after futile attempts in solving this issue:

1. Open your Sun broadband, do not connect it. JUST LEAVE IT THERE.


2. Go to your networks and see the options and under mobile broadband connect to SUN






















3. After connecting wait for it to connect and check your Sun broadband, AND BROWSE THE NET.




STORY:

My presumption before I bought this broadband is that it is compatible with all of the types of Windows available, may it be Windows 7 or 8 etc. And since they did not communicate any precaution regarding the type of windows you are using I sticked to my presumption, because I think SUN BROADBAND IS RELIABLE, but to my surprise it is not.

As provided under their Fair Use policy specifically under number 6(b) I have 7 days to return my Sun broadband if it is defective not after consummating the sale but after the activation of the product.

Since I purchased my Sun broadband this last September 10, 2013 and only activated it this September 11, 2013, I have only 7 days from Sept 11, 2013. And as provided under Section 13(3) of the NCC in counting the period the first day is excluded and the last day included. So I can have a replacement until September 18,2013. But when I called the Sun cellular branch where I bought my broadband, they said that they will not cater any replacement since the broadband is not defective but only incompatible with my laptop, since my laptop is in windows 8. So now the problem lies with my Laptop, and  not in their negligence in selling their products. To cut the chase short, I just find a solution in fixing this product  and did not bother to waste any time talking with them and now I am sharing this article in order for you to conserve you time.

Note: there are times that my solutions are not applicable to you, but in order to exhaust all of the possible options just try the solution above, and comment below if it is working or not.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY FEEDS AND LIKE MY FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW ME IN TWITTER THANKS!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much!! gumana talga babalik ko na sana ung sun broadband ko buti nln nabasa ko to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they will not entertain you if your purpose is for returning the broadband and getting your money back. What they will do is make a replacement for the "defective" broadband. And if it is not defective then you will not get any replacement. And additional info, they can only grant a request for replacement 7 days after you activate the device.

      Delete